Vacancy- Database Support Scientist
We are looking for a Database Support Scientist to manage and develop QDB, a database of plasma processes data. This is a fantastic opportunity for a scientist looking to gain computer science/programming skills. Applicants should have at least a degree (ideally an MSc) in physics, chemistry or a relevant field. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for off-site training courses in database development and management.
- MSc in Physics or Chemistry or related subject
- Knowledge of a programming language ( experience of python is desirable)
- Interest learning about databases and data management
- Interest in developing your career in industry
You will be collaborating with a wide range of researchers from around the globe, and have the opportunity to travel and present at events where the latest innovations in plasma science are showcased. The database can be accessed at www.quantemolDB.com and is our latest company project. Check it out before applying!
- Maintain and develop on-line database with plasma chemistry data (www.quantemolDB.com)
- Data management: adding algorithms for data quality check and data storage optimisation
- API management
- The database software development (python)
- Addressing customer requests related to the database software
- Work with the team on hosting and deployment our two websites
- Fix bugs and identify strategic development risks
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Python / Django and SQL
- Experience with Linux-based web hosting
Based in central London, Quantemol was founded by Professor Jonathan Tennyson FRS and Dr Daniel Brown in 2004. We develop unique software tools that bring accessibility to highly sophisticated research codes and unique data also provides consultancy services to large corporations from semiconductor’s industry. Since 2004 we have grown our product portfolio through collaborations with experts to develop esteemed plasma simulation codes. We are now based in The Angel, London, and have a global reach with clients including large international blue-chip companies.
Please send an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or to speak to someone on the phone please call us on +44 (0) 20 8133 5103