Quantemol is a high tech scientific software and consultancy company who provide quantum technology-based solutions to customers including a number of world-leading semiconductor companies. We are inviting recent STEM graduates to apply for a new role that combines the need for your technical and people skills. The aim of this role is to work with the Quantemol Database of chemical reactions data by uploading new reactions data, and providing first-line support and consultancy to the database users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Search and add new data on a regular basis (via writing python programs)
- Establish data quality checks (via writing python programs)
- Investigating addition of the new functionality to the database
- Manage the fulfilment of orders and deliveries for customers (software license management, control access permissions and privileges for users)
- Ensure all customer support queries are answered within a short term and resolved accurately and promptly
- Maintain and update website front end (www.quantemolDB.com) and the company website www.quantemol.com (via WordPress)
Location will be partially home-based with weekly or bi-weekly meetings in Central London (i.e. either the company offices at 320 City Road, EC1V 2NZ or the University College London at Gower Street, WC1E 6BT)
The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop and installed software to enable your work. They will need to have a reliable internet connection at home to participate in daily online meetings.
- A bachelors degree or higher in a scientific subject
- High-level literacy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Python programming experience
Preferred candidates will have at least one of the following:
- Knowledge of plasma physics
- Basic knowledge of chemistry reactions
- Experience managing websites (eg. Words, HTML)
Quantemol aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
The deadline for application will be the 17th of May 2022. To apply email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Junior Scientist Job Application” in the subject line.